The first question would be why data hygiene? No matter what type of business you are in, top notch data quality is important. Data hygiene, also known as data cleansing, has a big impact on your ability to optimize your marketing efforts. Ensuring that your data is up to date, organized properly and consistently, and void of errors will allow you to:
- save money –
- You won’t waste your marketing budget mailing to customers who have moved with no forwarding information or by mailing to the same customer multiple times.
- You will qualify for bar coded/presorted delivery which reduces postage cost.
- crystalize your customer profile – This is the first step to understanding who your customers are. Augmented by data enhancement, you will be able to pinpoint what your best customers look like and who your prospects should be.
- increases effectiveness – By gaining a better understanding of who your customers are you will be able to segment them and your prospect pool into smaller buckets allowing you to personalize your message to each one. This is how you get noticed, increase engagement and inspire action.
Some of the steps we take to “scrub” your data and make it work for you are:
- verifying names and addresses
- appending Zip4
- removing duplicates and merging records
- defining fields and standardizing the data
- confirming or appending email addresses
- suppressing do-not-mail or deceased records
- obtaining move information and forwarding addresses
- ensuring compliance with all the US Postal Service and CAN-SPAM Act requirements
We will work with your team to determine what your data goals are and will develop a data cleansing and maintenance program that will keep your information in tip top shape. And rest assured that your inhouse data is in good care, handled with the utmost confidentiality. The result is a customer database that is up to date, in a user-friendly format, and ready for the next steps of data enhancement, email, or direct mail marketing campaigns.